Facility Care and Maintenance
We have a big house. It needs a big team to care for it.
Our church comprises over 90,000 square feet. That is a lot of carpet and bathroom tile. We depend on the generous time offerings of our church family to keep our building properly stewarded over.
A church facility is a ministry tool. The purpose of our facilities ministry is to contribute to the accomplishment of the overall mission of CFAN by stewarding over the property maintenance. The members of this ministry work to insure that our facility and property are well maintained so as to provide an effective facility for carrying out the mission and ministries of the church. The responsibilities of this ministry include inspecting the church building and property to determine when and where repairs or improvements are needed, providing basic and skilled building maintenance and grounds keeping (including assisting our custodian with cleaning responsibilities when necessary), and recommending facilities alterations and improvements to the Board of Elders and Deacons when appropriate.
On an ongoing basis specific skills are needed from within our membership in order to maintain our facilities and keep them in good working order. These skills include:
- Carpentry: construct or repair various items including installing doors, windows, etc.
- Finish Woodworking: construct, repair, finish/refinish cabinets, furniture, etc.
- Electrical: Repair or install light fixtures, switches, outlets, etc.
- Electronic: install or maintain electronic items such as DVD players, TV’s, office equipment, including computers, etc.
- Plumbing: repair or install plumbing fixtures.
- Groundskeeping: lawn mowing, fence repair, parking lot clean up etc.
- Gardening: prune, trim, weed, plant shrubs, trees, etc.
- Painting: paint church/preschool facilities, etc.
- Vacuuming: we have a lot of carpet!
- Restrooms: cleaning of counters, fixtures and floors.
- Window Washing: thousands of fingers touch our glass doors and windows each week.
- Pew Mice: these are volunteers who help to make sure items in the Worship Center seats are clean, straightened, and well stocked for Sunday and special worship services.
Contact us to get involved!